Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Oh, it's cyclocross season

We headed down to South Jersey for a little cyclocross action today at the Hillbilly Hustle .2. As always, it seems, we had a big crew with The Jenksster, FarmerAndy, Craig., Todd, Pluto, The Kassassin, NinjaDon, Dave, Freshman Joe, Matt P. and Me (and Noah too!).

I'm always super psyched to watch the C race when we have oodles of teammates in it. We had six. To the surprise of no one who saw his ride on Wednesday, Todd (RU Cycling Alum) rode away from the field to take the win. It was sweet! It's also his first win ever . That's awesome. The Rutgers boys were in full effect. At one point, we had 4th-6th - all Rutgers guys. FarmerAndy is clearly in good fitness after his cross country bike ride this summer and was positioned for third until a mechanical and a crash knocked him back. I'm not entirely sure where everyone ended up in the Cs. Rich finished strong after suffering a flat at an entirely inopportune part of the course

Big props to Joe in his first ever cyclocross race! He looked fantastic out there!

In the Bs, Jenks, Craig, Don, Will P (cuz he can't get enough from just one race), and I toed the line. Despite the course suiting neither of us, Jenks and I both had solid races with me spending most of the race in 3rd to 5th until I fell apart in the last two laps to finish 7th and Mike coming back from 3 crashes to finish 11th. Craig's bike didn't hold together and Will DNF'd, but Don put in a solid ride despite a lingering cold to finish in the 20s.

With my ride today, I think (if my math is correct) I took over the lead in the NJ Cross Cup. Cool.

The biggest congratulations go out to Todd for putting out an amazing ride today and bringing home the win! Well Done!!!!

No comments: