Monday, October 22, 2007

Granogue Report#2 - The C-men heros!

I'd like to elaborate a touch on Don's post... I am flattered by your compliments, but I have to give my 'tip-o'-the-hat' to C-men Dave and Rich! I blasted corners well and 'sploded up the short steep climbs, but didn't exceptionally turn myself inside out or overcome a typical weakness.

Raise your glasses to Rich and Dave. A quick glance would reveal that Rich was especially deep into the pain cave, and his effort was rewarded with an impressive placing. Rich hit the ground more than once, but rapidly tugged his shifters back into place and continued tearing grass up by root to propel himself towards the finish line. Every time that I saw the ever-smiling Dave, he was chasing with determination after the nearest competitor's wheel. He refused let a cyclist out of sight, unless the competitor was disappearing in his wake.

These two racers exemplify the determination we'd like to see in all our team members. They did something special this last Saturday, and I hope to be inspired by them for the rest of this season. Maybe then, I'll accomplish something exceptional and accept the title of "big story of the day." This weekend I respectfully decline Don's accolades to congratulate our amazing C-racers, and fortunately, the future of Rutgers cycling.

No comments: